Routers are a basic necessity in today’s world as it serves as a gateway to provide traffic for both the internet and other networks. It makes it possible to have a flexible cross-network connection communication and permits the bigger network to remain in operation even when it’s being redesigned or during interruptions. And because of this reason, many companies around the world have started manufacturing and selling routers all around the world. Netgear routers are said to be very cost efficient and reliable and because it was the first in the world to introduce the fastest wireless router, it continues to produce better and better routers. It cannot be said that this brand of routers is flawless because these too experience certain abnormalities and defects which is normal to all technological products. One major issue that troubles Netgear users, is the problem of Netgear router not working after reset. This is common to all Netgear users and there have been many questions regarding the solution for this complication. And if you are willing to learn how to resolve this issue, this blog will teach you how. Or, you can even contact the Netgear router customer care number to get the desired information.
To resolve this error you can first start with the basic troubleshooting steps then proceed to the advanced one if the problem still remains.
Basic troubleshooting steps.
- You can start off by restarting your internet modem and the router. All you need to do is unplug the cable from both the devices and wait for a while before plugging it back in.
- Once you have plugged the cables back in, restart your computer.
- Make sure that the light appears on the modem plus the router.
If the above method does not work, you might need to update the router’s firmware. To do that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open any browser of your choosing and type in the URL for the login page of Netgear.
- On the login page, enter the username and the password of the router.
- Once you are in, click the ‘advanced’ option and choose ‘administration’ from under it.
- And under this, click on ‘firmware update’ or ‘router update’ whichever is shown.
- Now to see if there are any available firmware updates, click on ‘check’. And if it shows any available updates, click ‘yes’ to update the firmware.
These are the steps you can perform to eradicate the problem of the Netgear router. If you encounter any additional errors or complication, you can contact Netgear router customer support number
Read More: How to update Netgear router firmware