Users lookout for devices which would help them extend the range of their Wi-Fi, and often they fail to find the ideal device. Netgear EX2700 Range Extender is an efficient device which can help the users easily extend their Wi-Fi range up to 300Mbps. With the help of this device, the users can efficiently optimize the internet system, and the users can also monitor the signal strength thoroughly. There several other features which the users can avail upon using this Netgear device. The users can also learn more about this device by connecting with Netgear router customer care number.
By going through this blog, the users can easily install Netgear EX2700 on their system. You would also need to understand that this is process is about installing the device on a firmware version 184.108.40.206 or below.
Steps to install Netgear EX2700 Range Extender
The process which you would have to undertake to install Netgear EX2700 extender on your device is as given below:
- The users must start by keeping the extender in the same room as the Wi-Fi router.
- Now ensure that you have a functioning internet connection on the main router.
- Connect the extender to an electrical outlet and power the extender by pressing the ON/OFF button available on the side panel of the extender.
- You now have to connect the EX2700 to a computer device, which can be done using an Ethernet cable or wireless network.
- When the device is connected, the device link LED would show a solid green light.
- Now the user has to launch the web browser and let the Netgear Genie install the software.
- Another window would then appear, where you have to click on continue to run the setup.
- Now connect to a Wi-Fi network, type the password of the main wireless network, and click on continue.
- You would see that by default, the SSID would be the name of your wireless network followed by _EXT at the end.
- Further select use the same security and password as those of your existing network.
- Then you have to click on OK, uncheck the box for using the same security and password so you can change it to something of your preference. Once you are done, click on continue.
- You would then be informed that the wireless settings for your EXT have been changed and that you need to connect to your network before clicking on Continue.
- Once you have connected your wireless device to the new network, press the ‘Finish’ button to complete the installation process.
- You also have the option of moving the extender to your preferred location, and the only thing that you have to keep in mind is that the wireless devices are able to acquire a good signal.
If the users come across any additional issue while trying to install Netgear EX2700 Range Extender on their device, then they can promptly connect with Netgear router technical support number. By doing so, the users would get sufficient assistance in solving any issue which they might be facing. This service is also available on a 24-hour basis and is completely free of charge.