Alexa a voice assistant can work with a Smart TV via Echo or similar smart speakers. You just need to perform the simple process to set up your TV with Alexa.
You can use Alexa on your TV in 6 different ways. All the methods to set up Alexa with your TV are as follows:
- Using Fire TV devices
- Using a TV which supports Alexa
- Using Alexa with Logitech Harmony remote control system
- Via Roku
- Via URC custom remote control system
- Using Dish on Direct TV
Here, in this blog, you can know, how you can Use Alexa to control a TV which supports Alexa.
Steps to set up Alexa with a TV
Fire TV devices are in the market and you can easily set up with Alexa. But there are also many TV’s available in the market that is not a Fire TV but supports Alexa via Echo devices. This feature is available in some selected models offered by LG, Sony, and Vizio. The steps to connect these TV’s with Alexa are discussed below.
For LG TVs:
- Your TV should be using webOS 4.0 operating system or higher.
- Launch the Set-Up TV for Alexa app from the home screen of your TV.
- Then in the Alexa App go with the instructions and log in with your LG account and select the name of your TV.
- Then install Alexa in your smartphone form the Play Store or App Store. Then enable LG SmartThinQ Alexa Skill and link your LG account.
- Then follow the screen instructions and complete the process.
For Sony TVs:
- Enable Sony TV Alexa App on your smartphone and follow the basic steps to connect the TV with Echo devices.
- Open TV control setup with Amazon Alexa App from the home screen of your TV.
- Don’t forget to log in with your Google account and select your TV model name.
For Vizio TVs:
- Open Vizio TV SmartCast from the home screen of your TV.
- Use TV remote and go to the Extra menu from the settings.
- In the voice settings, pair display and install Alexa on your smartphone.
- Go to the go to the Vizio website using your smartphone, and in the Alexa setup section enter the PIN on your TV screen.
- Follow the basic steps to complete the setup process.
These are the steps you can follow to set up Alexa on your TV and use Alexa to control your TV. If you are unable to understand these steps and need expert’s help, then reach out to the Echo Alexa customer support number.
Read More: How to Set Up Echo Show