Verizon email is one of the most popular email services in the United States. Although Verizon Communications retired, their email service users can still access their accounts using an alternate email service, such as Yahoo or AOL mail. The process to sign-in remains the same, i.e., users need to type their full email address, including “@verizon.net,” along with the correct password to access their accounts. Your username and password are important features that are essential to keep your Verizon account secure. Cyber security experts recommend changing or email password at least once every six months so as to improve security. This article will give you an overview on how to reset your Verizon email password so that you can protect your data. If you need help with any other security issue related to your email account, you call the Verizon customer care number and ask for additional technical assistance to fix the problem.
Steps to reset Verizon email password (Password Known)
If you remember your current Verizon email password the process to reset it is relatively straightforward. As long as you know your current login credentials you can follow the instructions below to change your Verizon email password:
- Step 1: Open your browser and sign in to your Verizon account
- Step 2: Navigate to the account settings from the main menu
- Step 3: Open the security settings and select ‘Change Password.’
- Step 3: Enter your current password in the field provided
- Step 4: Click on the next filed and type a new password for your Verizon account
Once you receive confirmation that your password is changed, you can close the browser and sign in to your email account using your new Verizon email password.
Steps to reset Verizon email password (Forgot Password)
If you need to reset your password because you do not remember your current email password the steps will be different since you will need to verify your identity before you can change the password. You can refer to the steps given below to reset your Verizon email password using the ‘Forgot Password’ option:
- Step 1: Go to the Verizon email webpage and click ‘Forgot Password.’
- Step 2: Enter your username and select the recovery method (mail/phone)
- Step 3: Enter the mobile number linked to your Verizon email account
- Step 4: Click ‘Yes’ to allow Verizon to send you a verification code
- Step 5: Type the security verification code in the field provided
- Sent 4: Click ‘Submit’ and wait for Verizon to confirm the code
- Step 5: Complete the instructions on the screen to create a new password for your Verizon email account
Apart from your mobile number, you can also use an alternate email address to verify your identity and then reset your Verizon password. If you have any trouble resetting the password you can call the Verizon technical support number and consult a certified expert to troubleshoot the problem. Verizon exerts are available 24 hours a day to help you solve any error you may encounter while using Verizon email.