To install windows 8 operating system in a Dell computer, it’s necessary that you have a windows 8 DVD. To know how you can install the windows 8 in your Dell computer you should read this blog.
Follow these simple steps:
- If you have a PC which doesn’t have UEFI BIOS, press the F12 button again and again until the “please select device” menu shows up. Select CD/DVD/CD-RAW device and press enter.
- Else, you can press F2 button continuously until the system menu shows up. If you are unable to understand then call on Dell customer care number.
Steps to install windows 8 on Dell computer:
- Check what BIOS type your computer supports and go to the Boot segment by using up and down keys.
- Set the Boot mode to UEFI.
- Disable the Secure Boot in Boot setting.
- Boot gadgets will request for either CD/DVD/CDRW or internal ODD device, which is the primary thing in this process.
- Save all the changes and come out of the system set up to restart the PC.
- Then the Windows 8 setup will show up.
- Select the language you want to use, time configuration and keyboard or info then click on Next.
- Click on install now.
- Then the screen will show the requirement of the product
- Search your product key and enter it on the required field. The product key is 25 characters
- Check the box for license terms and conditions and accept.
- Choose for which type of installation you want. You can select for custom install or standard install (which will automatically do all the further steps).
- Select the location where you want to install the windows. Select the drive and remember that this process will erase the data which is on your computer. So, before starting the installation process ensure that you have made a backup of your data.
- After selecting the location click on accept to install the window.
- Now the installation process is complete.
If you are still facing the problem in installing the Windows 8 on your Dell computer, contact on the Dell technical support number. Techies will assist you and help you.
Read More: Dell Laptop won’t boot up