QuickBooks is a very reliable accounting software which is utilized by the small business sector of the society. This software program is known to make the lives of accountants and business owners much simpler by doing all accounting and payroll tasks for them. It is effective in its calculations and provides good results. You might think that it is impossible for such a software to have any setbacks or suffer from technicalities. But you are wrong, although this software appears to be a very robust and defect free program it does have its own set of flaws and defects. One major error that it suffers from is the error 31059 which affects the payroll feature. This error occurs when the company file gets corrupted, when the EIN status is inactive or when there is a complication or error during QuickBooks install. This blog contains a comprehensive explanation of the steps that you can take to dissolve the problem. So if you are interested in knowing the steps, you can take this blog as a reference. Or you can also contact QuickBooks customer care number.
There are two things you can do to solve this error, you can either choose to combat it using the system restore method or by adding EIN to the company file. If one does not work, you can use the other.
Solution 1: conducting a system restore in windows.
- On the search box in the start menu, type in ‘system restore’.
- When you see the option, click on it and enter using the admin password.
- The steps will be displayed on the windows screen so follow them accordingly.
- When all the steps are done, your system will be restored to its previous setting.
Solution 2: add the EIN to your company file.
- First and foremost thing to do is log in to QuickBooks.
- After you enter into QuickBooks, click on the payroll menu and search for ‘use my existing payroll service’ option.
- When you click on it you will be presented with a new windows screen named ‘account maintenance’ on this window, click on the ‘add file’ button.
- You will see an option that reads ‘add EIN number’ and a radio button beside it.
- If the radio button appears disabled, you have accurately subscribed to or activated the EIN number.
- Finally, click next to review all the information and return to QuickBooks.
By adopting these steps you will be able to solve the error. However, if you run into any additional technical errors or complications, you can consult with the representatives at QuickBooks customer support number.
Read More: QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159