Dell error 0141 is a hardware error that emerges when you first load your Dell computer. Sometimes even when there is nothing wrong with your hard drive or PC this error still shows. This problem is caused by an inconsistency between the hard drive and the operating system of your computer. This error message is shown to you to warn you about the lack of space in the internal hard drive. The root causes of this error are:
- Corrupt or damaged windows process.
- A damaged registry setting in your system.
- Or a virus or malware infected computer.
If you want to get a professional to explain to you everything regarding your doubts or queries, you can get a hold of them by calling dell customer care number.
In most cases, this error is solved by using the Dell hard drive self-test facility. This tool helps you to test the durability and reliability of the hard drive and will point out the exact cause of this error. To know how to run the dell hard drive self-test, you can follow the steps below:
- Restart your computer and insert the dell resource CD.
- When the new window pops up, click ‘next’ to go to the criteria page.
- Under this page, you will see the ‘system criteria’ column, select ‘all’.
- And under system click on ‘dell DST diagnostic utility’.
- Now run the diagnostics and wait if the wizard reports any error.
- Insert the CD again and wait for it to auto-run. When the installation screen appears, click ‘ok’ and wait for the ‘InstallShield’ window.
- Click ‘next’ and wait for the files to be copied to the hard drive.
- When the ‘InstallShield complete’ window appears, click the ‘yes, I want to restart my computer’ button and click ‘finish’.
This will rectify any problem you have in your hard drive and your system will proceed to perform normally. However, if the problem still remains you can dial dell technical support number to get a professional employee to take a look at your problem.