AOL Instant messenger is a platform provided by AOL for its users to send instant messages to the user’s contact list or friends. It is a fun and exciting way to interact with people on a daily basis. But while using this messenger, you might come across certain problems especially the error code 102. This can occur during program installation and can cause the application to shut down. This is usually caused when the download file is corrupted or there is a fault in the windows registry from a recent AOL Instant Messenger. There are many ways to resolve this error and in this blog, you will be shown how to fix AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) Error 102 in two very effective methods.
The two methods that you will be adopting today have been listed and explained to you in the steps given below:
The first method is to repair the registry entries associated with Error 102.
- To begin, open the start menu on your desktop screen and type in ‘command’ in the search box at the bottom.
- But do not press enter yet, first press CTRL and SHIFT together on the keyboard then hit ‘enter’.
- You will be shown a permission box in which you have to select ‘yes’.
- The moment you hit ‘yes’ you will see a black box. In that box, type in ‘regedit’ and press ‘enter’.
- When the Registry Editor pops up, select ‘error 102’.
- And on the file menu choose the option ‘export’. And in the ‘save in’ list choose the folder to save the AIM backup key.
- Now type the name of the backup and in the ‘Export range’ box, select the ‘selected branch’. After you are done, apply the changes by clicking ‘save’.
The second method is to uninstall and reinstall AOL Instant Messenger associated with error 102.
- On your Windows PC, bring up the Start context menu and go to ‘programs and features’.
- Now here, you must locate the AOL error code 102 associated program which will be under the name column.
- When you find it, click on the AIM associated entry and click ‘uninstall or change’.
- Now all you need to do is to replicate the steps on the screen to finish uninstalling the error 102 associated program.
These are the two effective ways that you can perform to solve the error 102 in your AOL Instant Messenger.
If you come across any issue, while fixing this error, then the best recommended solution is to reach out to the AOL email customer service number. You can talk directly to the techies via call or can also avail the benefits of chatting with them. Just type in your name, email address and query and get instant solutions. You can also provide in with a suitable time when you are available for call, and the techies will contact you then.
Read More: How to fix problems sending AOL mail