SBCGlobal email is a proficient email service which has its functioning spread out all across the globe. There are several million users who use the services provided by SBCGlobal email. This email service provides the users with features which completely enhances the process of sending and receiving emails. The POP setting of an email is one vital aspect of the email service. POP stands for Post Office Protocol which is used to retrieve emails from an email server. There are basically two versions of POP. The first one is called POP2, which came into existence in the mid-’80s and requires SMTP to send messages. The newer version which is available in the POP3 which can also be used without the SMTP. Users can learn more about the POP settings of SBCGlobal email by connecting with SBCGlobal helpline number, where the users would efficiently clear all the queries which the users have regarding this aspect.
The users would come across the need of the POP settings while they are setting up their hosted email on their local email client. There are certain changes which the user would have to make in order to receive emails on the local email client.
Process of changing SBCGlobal POP setting
The steps which the users would have to follow in order to change the sbcglobal POP settings of SBCGlobal email are as mentioned below:
- The users would have to fill ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’ in the field of incoming (POP).
- Then, in the outgoing (SMTP), they would have to enter ‘smtp.att.yahoo.com,’ and the users must remember that this would also require authentication.
- Now in the incoming mail server option, they have to write ‘POP3.’
- Further in the incoming/outgoing user name, fill in your full SBCGlobal email address including the domain.
- Then, in the incoming mail port, users have to enter ‘995’ and also check on the option of using a secure connection.
- Now in the outgoing mail port use ‘465’and again check using a secure connection.
These are POP settings that would be required by the users for SBCGlobal. When the users accurately use the given steps, they would be able to configure their SBCGlobal email on any local email client. If the users are unable to follow the steps provided, then they would have to connect with SBCGlobal email customer support number promptly. By doing so, the users would get in touch with trained professionals who are capable of solving all the issues which the users might face.