It could be the worst situation when your Netgear suddenly stops working. Several attempts to connect it get failed and you get frustrated. There are so many reasons that may be responsible for issues and errors. There are such issues that can set your mood off by not connecting your laptop or mobile to the internet and completely cut you to the world. To fix your Netgear router, you can contact at Netgear router customer care number, or you can follow this blog till the end to remove the issue.
Easy steps top fix Netgear router:
Internet connectivity is the main issue for your worriedness, and you should fix it at earliest using some proven and easy techniques. Follow these steps to fix the internet connectivity issue:
- Disconnect your router and make a direct connection of a computer to the modem
- If you are still not able to access internet contact your internet service provider
- If the internet is connected, then connect the router as it was before and continue with these steps.
- Log in to the router if you can do so skip to step 3 but if you can not log in, then follow these instructions:
- If your device is connected to the router with Ethernet cable, then you need to check that the LEDs of the ports are lit and if you find that it is not lit then you should try to connect the cable to another port and on the back of the router.
- In case you have a wireless device then you need to check the adapter LED if it is lit. If you get any problem there to follow the adapter manually.
- If all the cables are fixed properly and LEDs are lit, then go for these steps:
- Turn your router off and make it on again
- If the problem persists, then you should perform a factory reset.
- Now if you can log in to the router, then you need to run the router’s Smart Wizard and perform any one of these points:
If IP address or PPPoE is discovered you can proceed with step 4, but if you can’t find an IP address then you should perform these steps:
- Turn off the router
- Turn of the modem
- And then make them on again
- Now start following from step 2
- You need to click on the smart wizard test button and go to the Netgear online test page.
- Now in the router status option, you need to perform a complete power cycle of your network.
Get the Netgear support for further help:
This blog has tried to consist of all the significant and easy solutions, but you may get some specific situation and find you unable to connect with the internet. In this situation, you should call at Netgear customer support number and ask for expert support.