AOL is one of the oldest and most popular email service providers in the world. As a free-web based email service, AOL offers its users a variety of features including allowing users to completely personalize their email experience. Even though it is so popular and boasts of millions of users, AOL mail does encounter a technical error that may make it difficult for users to access their accounts. Almost all of the error in AOL can be solved by contacting an expert using the AOL customer care number available on the website. Even then it is good to expand your knowledge so that when the work is urgent you will be able to resolve the error on your own. One such error is AOL mail error 521. This article will give an overview of the possible cause of the error and also give you some suggestions on how to overcome them.
What causes AOL mail error 521?
AOL mail error code 521 very often meant that the Internet mail host is unable to accept incoming mail. This type of error is caused by a configuration error in the email server. It is possible that certain software changes or windows updates may have affected your system setting leading to the error. It could also be caused when the installation process for AOL was interrupted or forced to stop. And finally, an attack from a virus or some other malware may have corrupted the system files related to AOL this causing the error.
Steps to fix AOL mail error 521
- Solution 1: Uninstall AOL and delete all the related system files from your computer. Restart your system and then visit the official AOL website to re-install AOL. Enter your login details and check to see if the email error is still there.
- Solution 2: Perform is a comprehensive virus and malware scan to make there are no malicious files or software on your computer. You should also make sure your antivirus software is updated so that your PC has maximum protection.
- Solution 3: You can run the Disk Cleanup tool so that you can remove files that are no longer needed. This will help you to clear some of the clutter from your system and speed up performance.
- Solution 4: The Windows registry includes information about almost all programs installed on your computer. If you can clean all the registry entries related to AOL mail you should be able to resolve the problem
- Solution 5: The System File Checker is a tool that allows you to automatically scan and fix any corrupted files on your computer. Run the File Checker tool and reboot your system once the scan is complete.
If the solution mentioned in this article do not work then the error is most probably because of a problem in the AOL mail server. You can call the AOL customer support number and speak to a trained expert about the relevant changes you can make to your email settings so that you can fix AOL mail error 521.