The trend of wireless technology has been growing day by day as it provides users with the fastest and most convenient way to access the internet. One of the best thing about Wifi is that you do not need cables to connect, and you are able to connect more than one device to the same network at one particular time. There is a unique name for each Wifi which is basically known as ‘Services Set Identifier,’ or you can abbreviate it as SSID. If you talk about Netgear wireless routers, it consists of a default SSID named ‘Netgear’ itself. When you have to connect to a Wifi network, you will be required to correct SSID name. This article provides you with some helpful tips on how to change the network’s name and Netgear router’s Wifi password, which will help you improve security on your network connection. If you want to have third-party assistance, you can contact Netgear router customer support number where you will speak to a certified expert who will let you know the best possible solution in no time.
Steps to change Wifi password or network name (SSID)
As you know that multiple users have the capability to access your Wifi connection, and it also has a negative aspect. It becomes easier for the hackers to connect to your network and to hack personal data. This is why users are recommended by the security experts to change the default username and password for the router. If you change the SSID, it becomes almost impossible for hackers to gain access to your network. You can go through the steps mentioned below to edit the network name and change your Wifi password.
- Step 1: You need to connect to the internet and open any supported web browser.
- Step 2: Once you open the web browser, type ‘http://www.routerlogin.net’ in the address bar
- Step 3: You will be required to type the username and password of your router
- Step 4: Use ‘admin’ as the username and then enter ‘password.’
- Step 5: You need to press ‘ok’ to reach the basic home page
- Step 6: You will see an option named ‘Wireless,’ you need to click on that and then proceed to the next step
- Step 7: Now, you will be required to enter the new username in the ‘SSID’ field, and likewise, you have to enter the password in the ‘network key’ field.
- Step 8: Check twice the username and password you provided. Proceed by clicking on ‘Apply.
Once you follow these steps, your changes will be saved, and for the next time, you will have to enter new login credentials to access your Netgear router and Wifi connection. If you face any trouble following these steps, you can get in touch with Netgear router tech support number and seek help from the experts. These experts provide you with the most prominent solution in no time.