SBC Global is a popular email service used by millions all over the world. The mail services are managed by AT&T. Like all other email service providers, SBC mail has a number of security features to protect user data. Every day millions of people communicate via email often sharing private personal messages or confidential business information. That is why it is very important to take all the necessary steps to keep your data safe. You can always contact SBCGlobal Technical support to check if your account is secure.
One of the most basic safety measures in place for almost every email account is the username and password. Your SBC mail password gives you access to your account whenever you want. There are two possible reasons why you may need to change your email password. One is that you may for forgotten your password and cannot access your account. The other reason could be as a security precaution. Whatever the reason below you will find simple steps you can follow to change the password of SBC mail.
Changing your existing password
As a security precaution, it is advisable that you change your email password at least once every six months. So if you remember your existing password then you can follow the steps given below to change and reset your SBC mail password:
- Open the SBCGobal email sign in page on your browser.
- Enter your SBC email id and current password and login to your account.
- Go to the email settings and select the option to change your password.
- Re-enter your current email password and click ‘OK’.
- Type out a new password in the field provided.
- Re-type the new password and click on ‘Ok’ to save the changes
You have no successfully changed your password and can begin signing in using the new password.
Forgot SBC Mail Password
If you need to change your password because you no longer remember your current SBC mail password then do not worry. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you should be fine:
- Visit the SBC mail login page and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link.
- Enter your SBC email id and your last name.
- Go through the password recovery options available and choose a convenient one for yourself
- Answer the required security question to verify your identity
- Follow the instructions to create a new password for your SBC email ID.
- Go through the changes you made to verify them and then click save
You must remember that is someone has your password they can easily access your account without any problem. If you feel that your account was hacked or that you have the correct email password but still cannot log in to your email account then there could be a security breach and your data may be at risk. In that case, it is best that you speak to a trained expert on how to address the issue. You can contact SBCGlobal customer service number to receive technical assistance related to any login or password error you may be facing with respect to your SBC account.