A printer is one of the most complex pieces of the computer because it needs efficient hardware as well as software to run smoothly. One software that you need to have while using your Dell Printer is the print spooler. The print spooler is a program that basically manages all the printing jobs you send to the print server. The Dell print spooler program enables a user to edit and delete any printing jobs that are in the print queue. If you are not sure how to use the print spooler connected to your Dell printer you can call the Dell customer care number and ask for more information about the same. It is very important to update the print spooler otherwise you may experience frequent Dell Print Spooler errors that can disrupt your printing tasks.
The spooler software is the gateway that helps Widows communicate with the printer and gives order for the print job in your queue. This post will give you some helpful information on how to resolve the printer spooler errors in Windows.
Steps to solve Windows 10 Dell Print Spooler Error
- Step 1: Open the main menu on your Windows 10 device and type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search field.
- Step 2: When the Windows Control panel opens click the troubleshooting option
- Step 3: Go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section and select ‘Use a printer’
- Step 4: Choose the Advanced settings option and select your printer
- Step 5: Enter the admin credentials of your device and click ‘Run as administrator’
- Step 6: Complete the subsequent prompts and restart your Windows 10 system
Steps to manually delete files from the Spool Folder
Another way you can use to resolve a Dell Print Spooler error in Windows is to clear the print spooler and manually delete the files.
- Step 1: Stop the Dell Print Spooler on your computer.
- Step 2: Go to ‘My Computer and open the C: Drive.
- Step 3: Go to “Windows” and select ‘System 32’.
- Step 4: Open the SPOOL selection and click PRINTERS.
- Step 5: Give the command to delete all the files located in the Printers folder and then restart the spooler
These are just some basic solutions for the Dell print spooler error. If you find that the error still persists and you are unable to effectively manage your printing tasks you may require a more comprehensive technical solution. In that case, you should call the Dell customer support number on the website and consult a trained technician. These experts will be able to give you a step-by-step guide on how to fill the Dell print spooler so that the error does not continue. The Dell helpline is available 24 hours a day so do not hesitate to call at any time if you want to clarify your doubts.