Outlook is an email client that can help you manage multiple email accounts and access emails on one platform. It is one of the most popular webmail services and has different features, such as message filters, virus scanning, folder organization, and much more. This article will give you a general idea about the steps you need to follow to set up your AT&T email account on MS Outlook. Since the setup steps may vary depending on which version of Outlook you are using, it is best that you call the AT&T customer care number and consult a certified email expert to clarify your doubts before you begin the process to set up your account manually.
AT&T Email Server Setting
Depending on your account type you can use the server settings given below to set up AT&T Email on Outlook:
AT&T Email Protocol: POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3)
- Inbound server: inbound.att.net
- Inbound port: 995
- SSL: Yes
- Outbound server: outbound.att.net
- Outbound port: 465
AT&T Email Protocol: IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)
- Inbound server: imap.mail.att.net
- Inbound port: 993
- SSL: Yes
- Outbound server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outbound port: 465 or 587
- Steps to set up AT&T email on Outlook
Step to set up AT&T email on Outlook
Whenever you want to set up your AT&T email account on Outlook, you need to ensure that you have the correct configuration settings to set up your account. The AT&T email configuration settings vary depending on the type of account i.e., POP3 or IMAP. You can follow the steps given below and enter the relevant account settings to complete the setup process:
- Step 1: Open MS Outlook on your computer and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Access the file section and click ‘Info’ to open your account settings.
- Step 3: Go to the ‘Email’ option in the list and click ‘Add new account.’
- Step 4: Click on the option to manually configure your AT&T account.
- Step 5: Enter your AT&T email address and password in the given fields.
- Step 6: Choose the account type (either POP3 or IMAP) and continue.
- Step 7: Enter the relevant incoming mail and outgoing mail server settings.
- Step 8: Save the settings and restart your computer to check if you can access your AT&T emails on Microsoft Outlook.
Be sure to click the on the box that reads ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’ so that your account is secure. If you have any trouble setting up your email account on Outlook you can call the ATT tech support number and speak to a qualified email expert to resolve the error. AT&T email experts are available 24 hours a day to help you fix any technical error related to your email account.