While composing an important email to your manager, the last thing you need is to see some distracting ad about cheap flight tickets. In order to streamline your email tasks, AOL offers members the option of activating Ad-Free Mail to remove paid ads from your mail experience. After you install AOL Desktop Gold on your computer, you will need to sign in using your AOL Advantage plan username to check if you are eligible for the service. If you are eligible for Ad-Free Mail, you can refer to the steps mentioned in this blog to activate or deactivate the benefit for your AOL Desktop Gold browser.
Steps to Activate Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold
If you have an AOL Advantage plan, you can activate the Ad-Free Mail feature on one username linked to your account. You can follow the steps given below to activate Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold:
- Step 1: Enter the AOL account for which you want to activate the benefit.
- Step 2: Sign in to your account and go to the Ad-Free Mail activation page.
- Step 3: Click ‘Activate Now’ and wait for the AOL confirmation message.
- Step 4: Once you receive the confirmation message, you will need to log in again using the username you activated.
After you activate the service you need to You should keep in mind that Ad-Free Mail can only be activated for one username for a user who has an eligible AOL Advantage plan. In case you encounter an error, you can call the customer service number and ask for help.
Steps to Deactivate Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold
If you feel you are comfortable with the original AOL Mail experience, you can always deactivate the benefit. You can follow the steps given below to deactivate the feature for AOL Desktop Gold:
- Step 1: Sign in to your AOL account using the username you activated.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘MyBenefits’ page and click on the ‘Activated’ tab.
- Step 3: Look for the Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold benefit option.
- Step 4: Press the ‘Deactivate’ option and confirm the action when the confirmation window will open.
Before you actually activate or deactivate the Ad-Free Mail benefit you need to make sure you update the browser. You should AOL Gold Download once again so that you get the latest available version on your computer. If you have any trouble activating or deactivating the mail feature you can call the customer care number and consult a professional expert to get help.