Amazon is one of the biggest names in home entertainment today. From movies to T.V shows, from eBooks to music, from games to news, Amazon has it all. One of the best features of Amazon is that users can link their devices to their Amazon account and customized entertainment any time they want. Take for example Amazon Echo, a range of smart speakers that are voice controlled. Users can register their devices with the Amazon account and get customized music and better manage their content. Amazon Echo Alexa customer care number is available 24 hours a day to guide users through the registration process. This article will also be able to help if you in case your Amazon Echo registration failed.
Basic information for Amazon Echo Registration
Before we begin troubleshooting you must make sure that you have all the information and updates in place for the registration. Here is a list of specifications recommended by Amazon that you can check:
- Device updates: Your registration process may have failed because you are using an older version of the software. Update the device so that it is using the latest version.
- Login Information: Check the login credentials you are using to register the device. Your login information should be the same as when you sign in to your Amazon account.
- Email filters: Amazon will send emails to authenticate and confirm product registration. Check to see if your email filters or spam settings are preventing Amazon from sending you the emails.
- Connectivity: Make sure you have the minimum bandwidth requirements to run Amazon Echo and so that Alexa can function smoothly. You can contact your service providers for more details.
Amazon Echo Registration: Troubleshooting
Once you have all the registration requirements in place you can follow the suggestions given below to troubleshoot the Amazon Registration Error:
- Restart your Amazon Echo device and try registering again once the speaker is back online.
- If the restart does not work rest the device. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds until the light becomes orange. Once the speaker is in setup mode open the Alexa app and try registering again.
- Check the network connectivity. Turn off your modem and router and switch it back on after a while.
- Disconnect the power supply by unplugging the power adaptor from the Amazon Echo speaker. After 5 seconds reconnect the cable.
- Try using a different account to register the Amazon Echo.
If the steps given above do not work then it is possible that the Amazon Echo speaker is already registered with someone else’s account. Sometimes it is also possible that the Amazon Echo may have been mistakenly reported as lost or stolen because of which the registration failed. If that is the case you can always contact Amazon Echo Alexa customer support number to check the serial number and registration status. Users should also note that the steps to reset and register a device may depend on the specific Amazon Echo model number. Speak to an Amazon representative to know more.