Amazon Echo is an innovative range of interactive speakers that provide a helping hand around the house. You can connect your home appliances like lights, television and music system to the Amazon Echo device and control it through Amazon’s virtual assistant, Alexa. However, setting up this connection can be a little complicated. This article will guide you on what to do when Amazon Echo Alexa is not discovering your Philips Hue device. If you need any clarification about the steps mentioned here you can contact Amazon Echo Alexa customer care number anytime you want.
Steps to follow when Amazon Echo Alexa is not discovering Hue
There are basically two ways to check and see why your Alexa enabled Amazon device is not able to discover Hue. Follow the steps given below to know more:
Checking Device and Set up issues
- Begin by checking if the Philips Hue bulb you are trying to connect is compatible with Amazon Alexa. You can go to the product detail page of Amazon Echo for a comprehensive list of compatible devices.
- Go to the App store and download the Philips Hue app for your smart home device. Follow the steps to complete the device set up.
- Be sure to enter the correct login credentials i.e. username and password, while logging in to the application. Certain default typing settings on mobile devices may lead you to enter the incorrect password. Double check to make sure there is no unnecessary capitalization and blank space while typing out your login details.
- If you have any trouble you can complete the device set up online. Open your internet browser and enter the Amazon website link. Now just follow the instructions related to Amazon Echo set up.
- Once the device is set up restart your Amazon Echo Alexa device along with your Philip Hue device.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone to disable and re-enable the skill for your Philip Hue bulb.
- Once everything is in place you just need to be sure to download and install any updates that are required on your mobile device so that you know that you are using the latest available version
Please Note: In the case of Phillips Hue V1 Bridge, you need to press the button on the bridge before you use your Alexa app to try to discover your devices.
Connect to the same Wi-Fi network
As far as connecting multiple devices is concerned you should see that your Alexa device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Philips Hue device. You can follow the steps given below to check or change the Wi-Fi settings on the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app and tap the ‘Devices’ icon.
- Select your smart home device i.e. Philips Hue and tap the ‘Change’button next to the Wi-Fi Network and update your Wi-Fi information accordingly.
- Different devices work with different band connections you can contact the manufacturer to know more.
Once you finish checking the device set up settings and the Wi-Fi network, try asking Alexa to discover Philips Hue by giving the voice command, “Discover my devices.” If nothing happens then you should call the Amazon Echo Alexa technical support number and seek additional technical assistance.